Make a difference in your community, grow professionally, and get paid while you do it. The MD of Lesser Slave River employs over 75 full-time, part-time, seasonal, casual, and contract staff that serve a population of more than three thousand residents. Explore the opportunities below to apply for a job with the MD and take your career to the next level.
Human Resources Advisor
|nicole.archer (@) mdlsr.ca|
Join a Progressive Workplace Where Opportunity Abounds
The MD values and respects its employees for the diversity of skill, experience and knowledge they bring to the organization.
In order to attract and retain great people, we foster a work culture that acknowledges and rewards participation, teamwork, and commitment to excellent customer service. We strive to maintain a healthy and flexible workplace that encourages employees to think strategically, work collaboratively and champion new ideas.
Lesser Slave River offers competitive wages and benefits, family-friendly policies, and an environment of respect. We strive to offer a progressive workplace with opportunities to grow and develop staff through ongoing training and development while also supporting work-life balance for employees and their families.
Listed below are just a few highlights of the MD's enviable corporate culture, great benefits and generous work/life balance.
- Prescription drug coverage
- Extended health coverage
- Dental/orthodontic care
- Vision care
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Life insurance & dependent life insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment
- Critical illness
- Employee and family assistance program
- Joint employee and employer contributions to the Local Authorities Pension Plan
A Great Corporate Culture
- Social Committee, run by volunteer employees, organize several events each year including the Spring Kickoff, Christmas Party, Kids Christmas Party, barbeques, golfing
- Acknowledgement of dedicated employees with Annual Service Awards at 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 years
- Retirement celebrations
- Health & Safety Program
- Online webinars and inhouse seminars
- Health, safety, wellness training
- Job specific training
- Course reimbursement
- Support for professional association fees
Location, Location, Location
- There's nothing like living in Alberta's boreal region
- The regional housing market has recently softened
- Preferential taxation (we're just hours away from Edmonton, but receive the Northern Living Allowance)
- The main administration office is in Slave Lake - minutes from amenities, schools, hospital, recreation, box stores and more
- A caring, close-knit comumunity
Everyone at the MD – from front desk to the field – works beyond the boundaries of a mere job description. They contribute their collective insight and expertise to a culture of respect and empowerment, and they reap the rewards of an organization that's focused on customer service. If you can see yourself in our mission, vision and values, and if you'd like to leverage your time and talent into an amazing career, we'd love to hear from you.