The MD's Planning & Development department provides public-use online mapping resources via Munisight for users seeking development-related information such as zoning, dimensions and legal addresses. If you have questions or require help filling out the application, please contact the MD office at 780.849.4888.
Contemplating changes to your property? The guidance and resources on this page will help you plan, document and manage a successful project.
Browse this section for...
Applying for a Development Permit
resource Munisight to gather information such as zoning, dimensions and legal address. If you have questions or require help filling out the application, please contact the MD office at 780.849.4888. The following steps are recommended when completing your application.
- Determine what you want to build and verify that your land use zoning / district allows that development
- Draw a site plan
- Apply for a development permit
- Start the development within 12 months of the date of the development permit approval
- Complete the development within 3 years of the approval
Visit the MD administration office in Slave Lake for a hard copy development permit application, or use the interactive version displayed here.
Appealing a Development Permit
You can appeal a development permit in the event that:
- The development permit is refused
- The development permit is issued subject to conditions
- A decision has not been made within 40 days
In addition, any person claiming to be affected by the permit can appeal it.
Development Permit Applications
You may also need a Safety Code Permit for your construction project. Please contact the Alberta Safety Code Authority (ASCA) at 1.888.413.0099 or visit the Safety Codes Council Website.