The Community Calendar (the "Calendar") gives community members and local organizations the ability to post relevant regional event or activity notices for public viewing on the MD website. No other use is permitted.
The Calendar is a moderated user-access tool to help showcase and promote community events and activities of interest to Lesser Slave River residents, business owners and visitors. The Calendar is available for use by individuals, community groups, and public agencies and organizations within the boundaries of Lesser Slave River.
To be eligible for posting, Community Calendar events should be open to the public, community-oriented and sponsored by an agency or group operating within the Lesser Slave River region. It is the responsibility of the authorized organizations to submit and maintain the content of their particular event on the Calendar. Moderators of the MD website are not responsible for posting or maintaining information on the Calendar; however, the MD reserves the right to edit any submitted content for clarity, accuracy or brevity.
All events submitted for publication on the Calendar are subject to public disclosure under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. The MD reserves the right to restrict, delete or refuse to post any submission that in their sole opinion is deemed inappropriate, at any time and without notice.
Community Event means any charitable, educational, cultural, or recreational event taking place within the boundaries of Lesser Slave River by a community member, not-for-profit group or organization.
Community Calendar means the moderated public-use calendar on the MD website.
Moderator means any MD of Lesser Slave River employee or designate.
Municipal Boundary means within the boundaries of the Municipal District of Lesser Slave River and any partner regions.
Responsibilities and Guidelines
All Calendar content may be periodically monitored by the Moderator, who may review and approve all submissions for conformance to this policy. Content not in compliance with this policy may be deleted at any time and without notice. The Moderator will grant eligible groups and organizations the right to access to post and maintain current information on the Calendar. It is not the responsibility of the Moderator to post or remove events or amend the postings to reflect changes in the event planning.
Acceptable Calendar content is any content that informs residents and visitors of events that are scheduled to take place within the Lesser Slave River region.
Community Event Criteria
Community Events must meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Organized by a resident or community group within the Municipal Boundary
- Organized or funded by another order of government, government agency or board
- Organized or sponsored by an MD-affiliated group (including any partner municipalities)
- Organized by a charitable organization (with registered charitable number) operating within the Municipal Boundary
- Organized by a service group, or a social or recreational club operating within the Municipal Boundary
Event Posting Content
Postings shall include, and shall be limited to:
- Name of group, organization or person sponsoring the event
- Concise description of the event including any admission fees, who is welcome to attend, etc.
- Date and time of event
- Location of event
- Contact phone number for host or hosting organization
- Link to a website for registration or further information
Submissions containing the following content shall not be allowed for posting:
- Profane language and content
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation
- Sexual content or links to sexual content
- Regular scheduled events (e.g.: fitness classes, dance lessons, etc. that are not taking place within a municipal facility)
- Private events such as family reunion, weddings, birthdays, etc.
- Contains spam or advertising
- Content that promotes illegal activities
- Content that promotes particular services, products or political organizations
- Content that promotes individual religions or religious services
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety and security of the public or the MD
- Content that violates a legal ownership of any other party
- Content that violates any federal, provincial, or municipal statute or regulation, or a bylaw or policy of any member municipality
Community Events shall be located within the Municipal Boundary.
Submissions shall only be accepted from the following participants for events that benefit residents within the Municipal Boundary:
- Local public and private educational institutions
- Local non-profit organizations
- Local service groups
- Local social and recreational clubs
Submissions may only be posted by eligible groups that have been authorized by the Moderator (or designate).
All Community Calendar submissions must clearly identify the group or organization that is doing the posting. Anonymous postings of events shall be prohibited
Approval of Submission
Decisions on whether or not to add, remove or deny any posting to the Calendar shall be made at the sole discretion of the Moderator.
The Community Calendar is provided by the MD of Lesser Slave River as a community service to citizens within, and visitors to, the Lesser Slave River region. Although the Calendar is MD-moderated for posting acceptable events, the MD does not endorse nor make representation or warranty, expressed or implied, concerning the accuracy, quality or reliability of the information posted on the Community Calendar. If an entry includes a link to a website that is not managed by the MD or its strategic partners, the MD does not control or review content or operation of that website.
The MD guarantees neither the authenticity, accuracy, appropriateness nor security of the link, website or content linked thereto. The MD encourages you to exercise caution when accessing any unfamiliar website.
Updated January 1, 2023