An election to be held on October 18, 2021 to elect Council members who will serve a four-year term to expire in 2025.
Who can vote?
Municipal District of Lesser Slave River Residents
To vote in the 2021 MD of Lesser Slave River municipal general election:
- You must be 18 years of age on Election Day (October 18, 2021)
- You must be a Canadian citizen
- You must be a resident of M. D. of Lesser Slave River
- You must provide authorized ID to verify your identify and place of residence
Voter identification requirements
In order to vote in the upcoming municipal elections, voters will be required to provide proof of their name and home address. The following types of verification meet the standard provincial requirement for one piece of identification.
- Identification issued by a Canadian government, whether federal, provincial or local, or an agency of that government, that contains a photograph of the elector and their name and current address.
- Proof of Identity and Ordinary Residence for Tenant Elector issued by the authorized representative of a commercial property management company.
- Proof of Identity and Ordinary Residence for Incarcerated Elector issued by the authorized representative of a correctional institution.
- Proof of Identity and Ordinary Residence issued by the authorized representative of a First Nations band or reserve.
- Proof of Identity and Ordinary Residence for Post-Secondary Student Elector in Residence issued by the authorized representative of a post-secondary institution.
- Proof of Identity and Ordinary Residence for Homeless Elector issued by the authorized representative of a facility that provides services to the homeless.
- Proof of Identity and Ordinary Residence for Elector in Long Term Care or Supportive Living Facility issued by the authorized representative of a supportive living facility or treatment centre.
- Supportive Living Facility issued by the authorized representative of a supportive living facility or treatment centre.
- Bank or credit card statement or personal cheque.
- Correspondence issued by a school, college or university.
- Government cheque or cheque stub.
- Income or property tax assessment notice.
- Insurance policy or coverage card.
- Letter from a public curator, public guardian or public trustee.
- Pension plan statement of benefits, contributions or participation.
- Residential lease or mortgage statement.
- Statement of government benefits (for example, employment insurance, old-age security, social assistance, disability support or child tax benefit).
- Utility bill (for example, telephone, public utilities commission, television, hydro, gas or water).
- Vehicle ownership, registration or insurance certificate.
- If a voter’s identification shows a post office box number as the address instead of a residential or legal address, it can be accepted as verification of current address if it is in reasonable distance to the voting jurisdiction.
Sawridge Band, Sawridge 150G, Sawridge 150H, Swan River First Nation, Assineau River 150F, Swan River 150 Residents
All Alberta residents will be provided opportunities to vote in the province’s Senate election and on the province’s referendum questions, which are being conducted in conjunction with the October 18, 2021 municipal general elections.
Because First Nations, Summer Villages and a few other jurisdictions in Alberta are not scheduled to hold elections on October 18, the province has arranged for residents of those places to be able to vote via local elections in a nearby municipality.
Residents of the Sawridge Band, Sawridge 150G, Sawridge 150H, Swan River First Nation, Assineau River 150F, Swan River 150 Residents who are at least 18 years of age will be able to vote at a M. D. of Lesser Slave River voting station on Election Day or during Advance Voting. Before they can vote, all electors must provide authorized ID to verify their identify and place of residence.
In addition to the authorized forms of ID on this list, a federal "Indian status" or local "band card" are also acceptable forms of ID for electors voting on the provincial referendum questions and Senate vote.
|election2021 (@) mdlsr.ca|
Voting Schedule and Locations
When can you vote?
Thursday, October 14, 2021 from 4:00pm – 8:00pm
Saturday, October 16, 2021 from 9:30am – 12:00 noon
Saturday, October 16, 2021 from 2:00pm – 5:00pm
Monday, October 18, 2021 10:00am - 8:00pm