Local government provides a number of different opportunities for you to participate in the planning, management and growth of your own community. As a resident of the Municipal District of Lesser Slave River, you are able to:
- Run for Reeve or Councillor
- Vote at general elections or public approval opportunities
- Participate in public consultations and public hearings
- Attend Council, Committee or Board meetings
- Volunteer for a Committee or Commission
As a resident of Lesser Slave River, you may at any time make your views known. It’s usually best to begin this dialogue by contacting the appropriate municipal department or staff member. However, residents may also present their views to Council in writing or in person* at a Council meeting.
If you wish to make a presentation to Council or let Council know how you feel about an issue, please contact Administration by email at email@example.com.
*Until further notice, MD Council meetings will be supported by Zoom; an online and user-friendly communications tool for video and audio conferencing.