Per the Municipal Government Act (MGA), the Municipal District of Lesser Slave River is required to give notice to the public of intent to pass bylaws for a number of actions, and to provide information about notices of sale, fiscal issues and other matters from Council and committees. MD Council determines the type of notice unless specified by legislation. All current public notices can be viewed and downloaded within this section. If you are interested in viewing a legacy Public Notice not included below, please contact Administration.
All residents are welcome to attend Council meetings and take part in the MD's democratic process. Contact your Councillor today and help foster the growth and prosperity of your community.
Notice: Effective April 1, 2020 as the Municipal District responds to the COVID-19 pandemic, the SDAB office will be closed to the public, but we are still able to assist you. It is not necessary to come to the office to file an appeal. We encourage you to file appeals online. Please note that the deadline for filing an appeal still applies.
If you would prefer to submit something in paper, we have a dropbox on the exterior of the Slave Lake Administration Building. Please ensure your name, contact information, payment method for appeal fee, date deposited are included in your materials. The Subdivision and Development Appeal Board Clerk will be intermittently checking and responding to messages at 780.849.4888 extension 211.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Assessment & Taxation
Subdivision & Development Appeal Board
- 02-2020 Notice of Appeal Hearing August 26, 2020
- 01-2020 STOP Order Appeal Decision
- 01-2020 Order Notice of Appeal Hearing March 19, 2020
- 01-2020 STOP Order Notice of Appeal Hearing Reconvening March 29, 2020
Current Development Permit Applications
- 20-D-043 Permit Application - Appeals must be received no later than 4:30 p.m. on September 2, 2020
- 20-D-036 Permit Application - Appeals must be received no later than 4:30 p.m. on August 19, 2020
- 20-D-042 Permit Application - Appeals must be received no later than 4:30 p.m. on August 19, 2020
Please click here to view all current Bylaws..
Life, Work and Leisure in Lesser Slave River