To help maintain the health and safety of our residents and staff members, we ask that you please abide by the new procedures now in place for materials being received at the Transfer Sites and Regional Landfill.
- The Reuse Centre/Take-It-Or-Leave-It Centre is CLOSED due to COVID-19, until further notice.
- Materials in black, gray and green bags will be treated as waste and disposed of as such.
- Materials slated for recycling such as paper products, cardboard, tin cans and plastic, must be in clean clear or light blue plastic bags and deposited in appropriate bins, as directed by site attendants.
- Corrugated cardboard must be flattened—either loose or in bundles—and placed in the appropriate bins, as directed by site attendants.
- Patrons must place items such as paint, electronics, batteries and/or oil-related products in the appropriate containers, as directed by site attendants.
- Glass products will no longer be recycled and will be treated as waste.
- Patrons must unload and place large items such as household appliances, tires, metal materials, yard waste, clean wood and concrete in the appropriate containers or site-specific areas, as directed by attendants.
- Scavenging on site is strictly forbidden; individuals doing so will be told to leave immediately.
- Agricultural pesticide containers and twine are allowed if contained in clear plastic bags supplied by the agricultural retailer. Patrons must place these items in the appropriate areas, as directed by site attendants.
- All other accepted materials will be treated as waste and disposed of as such.
On behalf of the MD and the Lesser Slave Lake Regional Waste Management Services Commission, we are confident that we will get through this challenging time together. Please continue to maintain physical distancing, abide by mass gathering restrictions, practice frequent handwashing, and avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.