Alberta Open Farm Days serves as a catalyst for agri-tourism and rural sustainability, fostering connections between Albertans through educational and hands-on agricultural initiatives. The program aims to educate the public on the origins of their food, as well as highlight the skills of Alberta's chefs through a series of farm-to-table culinary events throughout the province, featuring locally sourced Alberta farm products.
Host farms are now able to register for Alberta Open Farm Days. As a host, you can take advantage of the free training sessions offered to ensure a successful event. Register early at albertaopenfarmdays.ca, and review the various training topics available such as event planning, resource utilization, and promoting your farm through social media and digital branding. Don't miss out on these valuable opportunities for on-farm enhancement.
Sign up for the training sessions that align with your interests between now and July. These sessions include:
- Booking Your Farm Event on March 6th, where you can learn how to utilize the booking system to better prepare for your Open Farm Days guests.
- Exploring Emerging Social Media Trends on March 13th, where you can learn about new and current trends with in-house social media expert, Nicola.
- Planning your Farm Spaces: Site Management on April 17th, where you can learn how to prepare your farm to be visitor friendly.
- Exploring Local Craft Beverages for your On-Farm Picnics, Lunches or Long Table Dinners on May 16th, where you can learn about AGLC permits, costs, and materials.
- Easy Event Planning with Alberta Health Services on June 5th, where you can learn about food service and catering requirements.
- Exploring Your Digital Farm Brand: Best Foot Forward in July (exact date TBD), where you can learn how to accurately reflect the visitor experience on your farm's website.
Past training sessions, including Tales from the Trenches, Understanding Insurance for Ag-Tourism, and Financing Your Side Hustle, are available for viewing on the Alberta Open Farm Days website. Discover more about Open Farm Days and sign up for upcoming training sessions on albertaopenfarmdays.ca.