The MD has developed a Weed Control Partnership Program for the destruction of prohibited noxious weeds and the control of noxious weeds on permanent cover land such as pastures, rangeland and fencelines.
The MD partners with landholders to provide extension on weed control measures and will further provide a rebate to landowners who destroy prohibited noxious weeds and control noxious weeds and on their permanent cover lands.
- A $20.00 per acre rebate is available to landholders for the destruction of prohibited noxious weeds and the control of noxious weeds on permanent cover land (pastures, rangeland and fencelines)
- All prohibited noxious and noxious weeds are included in the rebate program
- The rebate is based on the application of Restore II herbicide at the manufacturer’s full label rate on permanent cover land
- The application of Reclaim II or Navius Flex herbicide may qualify for the rebate program upon consultation and confirmation with the Agricultural Fieldman
- There is a $1,200 (60 acres) rebate cap per landholder
- Herbicide application equipment (trailer sprayer, ATV sprayers and hand-held sprayers) will be available free of charge under the program (a damage deposit will be required prior to rental)
For more information about the Weed Control Partnership Program, rebates, and herbicide purchases, please call Agricultural Services at 780.681.3929 or toll-free at 1.866.681.3929.