In accordance with the State of Public Health Emergency declared by the Government of Alberta on Wednesday, September 15, 2021, the MD has implemented new restrictions for its Municipal Complexes and Open Spaces as described below.
ALL PERSONS MUST WEAR A FACE COVERING in indoor public premises and public vehicles. Exceptions include children under two years of age, or persons with an underlying medical condition which inhibits their ability to wear a face covering. Anyone unable to wear a mask due to a medical condition will require a valid medical exception letter from an authorized health professional.
- INDOOR CAPACITY LIMITED to 1/3 fire code occupancy; household members only or two close contacts for those living alone
- NO ADULT GROUP FITNESS, SPORTS, OR PERFORMANCES
- ONE-ON-ONE TRAINING AND SOLO ACTIVITIES permitted (3 metre distance)
- YOUTH GROUP FITNESS, SPORTS, AND PERFORMANCES permitted; participants must screen for symptoms, wear a mask, maintain 2 metres distance (except while engaged in physical activity)
- ADULT AND YOUTH OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES permitted
- VACCINATED PERSONS: indoor private social gatherings limited to single household plus one other household (10 people maximum; no restrictions on children under 12)
- NON-VACCINATED PERSONS: INDOOR PRIVATE SOCIAL GATHERINGS PROHIBITED
- 20 PEOPLE maximum for OUTDOOR SOCIAL GATHERINGS; maintain 2 metres physical distance
- 200 PEOPLE maximum for OUTDOOR WEDDING AND FUNEAL CEREMONIES, SERVICES, RECEPTIONS; maintain 2 metres physical distance; liquor sales and consumption restrictions are in effect
- 50 PEOPLE maximum for WEDDING AND FUNERAL SERVICES, or 50% fire code occupancy, whichever is less
- NO INDOOR RECEPTIONS FOR WEDDINGS AND FUNERALS
- PLACES OF WORSHIP: 1/3 fire code occupancy; maintain 2 metres physical distance between households or two close contacts for those living alone
MUNICIPAL OPEN SPACES:
- OUTDOOR GROUP SPORTS, FITNESS, AND PERFORMANCES permitted; maintain 2 metres physical distance between households or two close contacts for those living alone
- 200 PEOPLE maximum for OUTDOOR SOCIAL GATHERINGS; maintain 2 metres physical distance at all times
- 200 PEOPLE maximum for OUTDOOR WEDDING AND FUNERAL CEREMONIES, SERVICES, AND RECEPTIONS; liquor sales and consumption restrictions are in effect
PLAYGROUND EQUIPMENT IS NOT DISINFECTED. Parents are advised that caution should be taken around equipment, and to be aware of the COVID-19 risk of use of a public playground that is not disinfected. Consider limiting children and other members of your household to only visiting playgrounds close to your home. This will help limit the number of people your family may come into contact with.
Please consult the Government of Alberta Website for detailed information on the Province’s evolving COVID-19 public health actions.