Transportation services and infrastructure.
The Transportation department provides and maintains the infrastructure in Lesser Slave River's transportation network. This department aims to provide safe and cost-effective systems for all modes of transportation, maintain these systems at acceptable levels of service, and expand these systems to facilitate the population growth and economic development of our community.
The Transportation department is responsible for the following:
- Repairs, rehabilitation, and maintenance including oiling, roadside brushing, graveling, sanding, and snowplowing
- Construction and maintenance of roads, public walkways, sidewalks, trails within the road allowance, street lights, bridges, and drainage systems
- Administration of road closures and bans
- Maintenance of traffic and directional signage
- Acquisition and maintenance of the vehicles and equipment in the municipal fleet
Transportation Resources for MD Residents
Life, Work and Leisure in Lesser Slave River