Changing lives, strengthening communities.
Lesser Slave River Family & Community Support Services (FCSS) provides social programs that positively affect the quality of life for our residents. We are committed to increasing the capacity of individuals, families, and communities to prevent or address social problems and support programs that meet the assessed needs of the community. FCSS is a partnership between local municipal governments, Metis Settlements, and the Province of Alberta. The partnership provides provincial funding that is matched with local tax dollars on an 80/20 share basis. The funding is then used to support and develop locally-driven, preventive social services initiatives.
The FCSS philosophy is based on a belief that self-help contributes to a sense of integrity, self-worth and independence. The programs developed are intended to help individuals in their community to adopt healthy lifestyles, thereby improving the quality of life and building the capacity to prevent and/or deal with crisis situations should they arise.
Applying for FCSS Grant Funding
Applicants must be eligible under the Family and Community Support Services Act and Regulation. All FCSS funding allocations will be approved by Lesser Slave River Council. Preference will be given to registered volunteer not-for-profit organizations that:
- Promote the social development of children and their families
- Enrich and strengthen family life by developing skills in people to function more effectively within their own environment
- Enhance the quality of life of the retired and semi-retired
- Promote, encourage, and support volunteer work in the community
- Inform the public of available services.
- Download the 2017 FCSS Grant Funding Application Form
- Download the 2017 FCSS Project Summary Report
- Flatbush Nursery School - Operations
- Smith ECIA - Operations
- Boys and Girls Club of Slave Lake - Operations
- Smith School – Students to Wild About Leadership Conference
- Smith School – Family School Liaison Program/Position
- Rural Women Recharge Conference
- Flatbush Help Services Society - Operations
- Gentle Ben Care Society - Operations
- Flatbush Silver Threads – Volunteer Appreciation Event
- SHARA – Volunteer Appreciation Events
- Town of Slave Lake – Family Fun Nights
FCSS-Funded Programs in the Region
Life, Work and Leisure in Lesser Slave River