Cultivate your career with the MD.
Lesser Slave River offers a variety of employment opportunities to help you make a difference in your community and grow professionally. From permanent roles to seasonal positions, there are a number of different ways to ply your trade at the municipality while furthering your career path and working with a diverse and dedicated group of colleagues. We offer competitive wages and benefits, true work/life balance, family-friendly policies, and an environment of respect.
As a service-oriented employer, the MD seeks individuals with a solid work ethic and a genuine passion for customer service. Explore the opportunities within this section to apply for a job with the MD and take your career to the next level. Don't see a position that applies to you? Feel free to submit a confidential employment application.
Submit your Qualifications to the MD
Everyone at the MD – from front desk to the field – works beyond the boundaries of a mere job description. They contribute their collective insight and expertise to a culture of respect and empowerment, and they reap the rewards of an organization that's focused on customer service. If you can see yourself in our mission, vision and values, and if you'd like to leverage your time and talent into an amazing career, we'd love to hear from you.
Closes June 7, 2017
The Rotary Club of Slave Lake Public Library serves the Town of Slave Lake, the Municipal District of Lesser Slave River, Smith and Flatbush Libraries, and the Sawridge First Nation. The Regional Library Manager reports to the Slave Lake Regional Library Board and oversees the day-to-day operations of the three libraries which include financial and administrative functions. The Manager is responsible for supervising and evaluating the staff of all three libraries.
- Effectively communicates programs, policies and services.
- Recommends Annual Budget allocations and maintains budget control.
- Manages training, development and supervision of all staff.
- Represents the library in appropriate community and professional organizations.
- Plans and manages the annual delivery of programs, events, displays, and exhibits.
- Ensures safe and welcoming facilities and environments.
- Applies for funding and coordinates and participates in fundraising.
- Post-secondary training in Management and Administration or equivalent work experience.
- Proven leadership and supervisory experience.
- Experience in financial management and knowledge of general accounting principles.
- Experience using word processing, Excel, and presentation software.
- Must provide a current police record check.
Negotiable depending on experience, education and goals.
How to apply:
Closing: 4:00pm on June 7, 2017.
Competition #1713 | Closes May 26, 2017
The Lesser Slave Lake Regional Waste Management Services Commission is currently seeking a full-time Yard/Scale Attendant. The position is based out of the Regional Landfill in Wagner. This position is responsible for the scale operation and yard maintenance of the facility on a daily basis and reports to the Landfill Supervisor.
- Responsible for controlling the traffic entering or exiting the facility
- Operate the scale software and print off tickets and reports
- Ensuring the facility operates in accordance with the Approval from Alberta Environment and is incompliance with the operations plan and all applicable legislation
- Direct site users to appropriate disposal or storage locations
- Daily site inspections, monitor compaction rates, litter control methods
- Performs duties and operates all equipment used in maintenance of roads, recycle areas, landfill, class II area, or any other facility under the facility’s responsibility
- Perform manual labour as necessary
- Undertake all preventative maintenance, repairs, and operation of all equipment
- Other duties as required
- Valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License
- Grade 12 high school diploma
- Physically fit
- Willingness to work in all types of weather and outdoor conditions
- Heavy equipment experience
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills with co-workers and the public
- Possess own form of transportation
Dependent on education and experience. Based on a 32-hour work week.
Municipal District of Lesser Slave River #124
Slave Lake, AB T0G 2A0
Thank you in advance for your interest; we regret that we can only respond to candidates chosen for interview.
Closing: 4:00pm on May 26, 2017.
Life, Work and Leisure in Lesser Slave River