Competition # 1706 | Closes February 24, 2017
The Lesser Slave Lake Regional Waste Management Services Commission is currently seeking a full-time Landfill Supervisor for a 1 year term. The position is based out of the Regional Landfill in Wagner.
Closing: This position has now closed.
This position is responsible to ensure efficient day-to-day operations of the Regional Landfill and reports to the Director of Transportation and Infrastructure of the Municipal District of Lesser Slave River No. 124.
- Responsible for all site, regulatory compliance, and administrative duties for the Regional Landfill
- Responsible for the coordination of all waste, recycling, and organic material onsite
- Responsible for daily site operations and reporting
- Supervise all permanent and seasonal staff employed at the Regional Landfill and Transfer Stations
- Assist the public with questions, concerns, paperwork, analysis review, etc.
- Responsible for fleet operation and daily site maintenance of equipment
- Other duties as required
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and other computer software
- Self-motivated and demonstrate strong leadership skills
- Knowledge of heavy equipment
- Demonstrates the ability to delegate, prioritize, and multi-task to meet deadlines
- Ability to work effectively with a focus on customer service, tact, diplomacy, and competency
- Valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License
Dependent on education and experience. Based on a 32 hour work week.
Thank you in advance for your interest; we regret that we can only respond to candidates chosen for interview.