Landscape Technicians (CLOSED)
Competition #1702 | Closes February 24, 2017
The Municipal District of Lesser Slave River is seeking nine employees as Landscape Technicians for employment from May to August 2017. The position is based out of the Slave Lake shop, Monday to Friday with a 40 hour work week.
Closing: This position has now closed.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Mechanical vegetation management using riding mowers, push mowers, small tractors, and trimmers
- Operation, maintenance, and inspection of equipment including mowers, trimmers, ATVs/UTVs, trucks, and trailers
- Loading, unloading, and towing equipment on trailers
- Physical labour including general landscape and facility maintenance
- Participation in the Municipal Health and Safety Program
- All other duties as required
- Valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s license
- Mechanical aptitude
- Experience with operation of equipment
- Willingness to work in all weather conditions
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated, positive attitude
- Works well independently as well as in a team environment
The successful candidate will receive $16.00 - $22.00 per hour, dependent upon education and experience. Accommodations are available on-site at a reasonable cost.
Thank you in advance for your interest; we regret that we can only respond to candidates chosen for interview.