Competition #1704 | Closes February 24, 2017
The Municipal District of Lesser Slave River requires a Weed Inspector for the period of May to September. The position is based out of the Flatbush sub-office, Monday to Friday with a 40 hour work week.
Closing: This position has now closed.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Weed identification and inspection
- Administration and enforcement of the Alberta Weed Control Act
- Assistance in maintenance, repair and delivery of herbicide application equipment
- Working extensively with the public
- Other duties as required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Weed identification and control knowledge
- Computer aptitude
- Class 5 Driver’s License
- A Pesticide Applicator’s Certificate (Agricultural/Industrial) would be an asset
- Farm background would be an asset
The successful candidate will receive $18-24/hour, dependent upon education and experience. Accommodations are available on-site at a reasonable cost.
Thank you in advance for your interest; we regret that we can only respond to candidates chosen for interview.