Fire Services Update
The Lesser Slave River Regional Fire Service is committed to protecting life, property and the environment from fire, hazardous materials, natural disasters and other emergencies. As such, the department issues a weekly report on all investigations, fire prevention activities and other Fire Services news of importance to the residents of the Lesser Slave River region.
If you have any specific questions or concerns related to these updates, please contact Regional Chief of Lesser Slave Lake Fire Services Jamie Coutts.
- Hall 1 – Physical Testing
- Attended ICS Train the Trainer With Lt. McConnell (Two days)
Have been really busy helping out with community events:
- Smith Fall Fair
- Smith Quad Rally
- Ice Breakers Hockey Game
- Drive In Movie – Mooney Creek
- Show and Shine
- Smile Cookie Week
- Visited all schools in region (as of today Smith at noon)
- Meeting with 9 Mile association president about FS work in that area
- Swift water rescue training in Slave River (12 students all regional)
- 7 more students finished 1041 – fire service instructor Level 2
- Firefighter Safety and Survival training Saturday (40 people from 8 departments, all but Smith represented locally)
- Regional training led by Hall 1 fulltime guys started again the 1 st of September after having the summer with halls training themselves.
15 in 36 hour period 8 days ago. Water rescue call in Mosquito Lake yesterday (good efferot by water rescue, Smith and Slave Lake), quad rescue up the Martne Hills Road. Small fires and motor vehicle accidents. SAR callout for 2 missing girls. Medical calls in SL, Smith, Flatbush.
- Chisholm Fire guard mowing complete
- Mowing along Hwy 88 by CAT rental
- Burning Brush piles Canyon Creek, Southshore Drive East, Widewater, Slave Lake, Mitsue. 27 Brush piles burned this week
- Marten Beach Subdivision – Firesmart Cleanup day (and 2 other days of chipping and mulching)
- Mulch by train tracks east of Hwy 88
- Mulch by Northern Lakes College
- Cutting wind blown trees – WW, Smith, SL
- Grass cutting plan work for 2017 and maintenance plan moving forward
- Winterize pumps and trailers