Fire Services Weekly Update
The Lesser Slave River Regional Fire Service is committed to protecting life, property and the environment from fire, hazardous materials, natural disasters and other emergencies. As such, the department issues a weekly report on all investigations, fire prevention activities and other Fire Services news of importance to the residents of the Lesser Slave River region.
If you have any specific questions or concerns related to these updates, please contact Regional Chief of Lesser Slave Lake Fire Services Jamie Coutts.
- Mowing Defendable Corridors Around Slave Lake
- Water Movement/Pumps/Drafting
- Vehicle Extrication Demo
- Vehicle Fire Scenario
- Coordinate with RCMP and EMS on SE construction and Access
- Slave Lake Healthcare Center Inspection
- Kindergarten Class Fire station tour
- Work started on Technical Rescue Prop at Live Fire Center
- No practice
- Probationary firefighter review – move to regular firefighter
- No practice
Callouts included 4 Motor Vehicle Accidents, 2 medical lift assists, 1 Duty Officer Alarm call, and a SAR/Fire flood response to Marten River to sandbag along banks in Marten Beach.
Other: Slave Lake Anglers Cup on the weekend. Huge volunteer weekend for us over 250 volunteer hours. Visit all rural halls, cleanup, maintenance, all truck checks.