Fire Services Weekly Update
The Lesser Slave River Regional Fire Service is committed to protecting life, property and the environment from fire, hazardous materials, natural disasters and other emergencies. As such, the department issues a weekly report on all investigations, fire prevention activities and other Fire Services news of importance to the residents of the Lesser Slave River region.
If you have any specific questions or concerns related to these updates, please contact Regional Chief of Lesser Slave Lake Fire Services Jamie Coutts.
- Kiononia School
- TSL: Springwood fire - send device to lab
- Discussion with Insurance Company
- TRope rescue team policy, SOG, layout
- Industrial park overview - TSL
- Fall and buck up danger trees blown over in windstorm
- All trees off roads TSL, Southshore
- Cut Frostfest firewood
- Hazmat training – daytime
- Hall 1 practice – Hazmat training (Canutec manual, spills, containment – Pumps – decon and PPE)
- Rope rescue training in Hall 2 hose tower (FT and PT FF’s)
- Chainsaw training
- Regular weekly meetings with RCMP, EMS, Forestry
- Radio plan for Marten Mountain building change out with Forestry
- Standardize oxygen kits with EMS
- Clear trees at new lift station site – Birch Road TSL
- Firesmart committee meeting
- Hazmat suit testing
- Sort out all equipment for unit 131 Heavy rescue and hazmat
- Slave Lake Firefighter Society – return boat to Slave Lake – redone transom, tower bases, fibreglass at rear of boat (reseal and paint)
- Practice: First aid/ CPR
- No practice
- Practice: First aid / CPR
- Practice: Practice: First aid / CPR
Visit all rural halls, cleanup, maintenance.
5 motor vehicle accidents, 3 duty officer callouts, 1 vehicle fire (MD124), 1 structure fire (TSL), 1 medical assist. Had one very busy day again with four calls using three different halls. Resulting in three injuries and no fatalities.