Fire Services Weekly Update
The Lesser Slave River Regional Fire Service is committed to protecting life, property and the environment from fire, hazardous materials, natural disasters and other emergencies. As such, the department issues a weekly report on all investigations, fire prevention activities and other Fire Services news of importance to the residents of the Lesser Slave River region.
If you have any specific questions or concerns related to these updates, please contact Regional Chief of Lesser Slave Lake Fire Services Jamie Coutts.
- Hall 1 – Physical Testing
- Attended ICS Train the Trainer With Lt. McConnell (Two days)
- Follow up with Thompson Landing regarding missing Fire Extinguishers compliant
- Visit all MD halls, skills assessment updates, attendance review
- SCBA certification, All SCBA packs in town(hall 1, pool, arena and water plant) as well as from all Rural Fire Halls brought to Hall 1 for Certification and returned. Assisted with annual Inventory at all halls, completion expected by Dec. 11, 2015.
- Fire chief attended AEMA Summit in Calgary. Speaking about 2015 season and challenges faced by personnel. Also visited the Crowsnest Pass for a discussion and council brief on Firesmart, crew and program.
- Preparation For Home Town Heroes
- Meeting with 9 Mile association president about FS work in that area
- Meth Lab Classroom session & scenario, Hazmat/decon/investigation
- Meth Lab Training, EMS/Fire/RCMP/Northern Lakes College
- Chisholm Fire guard mowing complete
- Mowing along Hwy 88 by CAT rental
- Burning Brush piles Canyon Creek, Southshore Drive East, Widewater, Slave Lake, Mitsue. 27 Brush piles burned this week
- Monday Morning fire at Tolko in Dry Bins
- Hall Clean up from busy weekend of call outs
- Fire investigation at Shoppers Drug Mart
- Medical Co-response at High School
- Friday Clean up
- Prep for Parade, work on FD float
- Hall 2: practice: SCBA practice and Vehicle extrication equipment familiarization
- Hall 3: no practice
- Hall 4: practice: fit testing and practiced our traffic control on scene
- Hall 5: no practice