Fire Services Weekly Update
The Lesser Slave River Regional Fire Service is committed to protecting life, property and the environment from fire, hazardous materials, natural disasters and other emergencies. As such, the department issues a weekly report on all investigations, fire prevention activities and other Fire Services news of importance to the residents of the Lesser Slave River region.
- Hall 1 MVC/Search And Rescue/Hearing and Fit Testing
- Hall 4 Flag Person and Traffic Control
- Meth Lab Training with RCMP, EMS, Atco, Northern Lakes College
- 10 Ave SE structure Fire
- Shoppers Drug Mart Fire
- New Fire Fighter Interview Hall 1
- Preparation For Home Town Hero’s
- Meeting with 9 Mile association president about FS work in that area
- Meth Lab Classroom session & scenario, Hazmat/decon/investigation
- Meth Lab Training, EMS/Fire/RCMP/Northern Lakes College
- Chisholm Fire guard mowing complete
- Mowing along Hwy 88 by CAT rental
- Burning Brush piles Canyon Creek, Southshore Drive East, Widewater, Slave Lake, Mitsue. 27 Brush piles burned this week
- Monday Morning fire at Tolko in Dry Bins
- Hall Clean up from busy weekend of call outs
- Fire investigation at Shoppers Drug Mart
- Medical Co-response at High School
- Friday Clean up
- Prep for Parade, work on FD float
- Hall 2: practice: SCBA practice and Vehicle extrication equipment familiarization
- Hall 3: no practice
- Hall 4: practice: fit testing and practiced our traffic control on scene
- Hall 5: no practice
Day time Duty Officer this week, got dangerous goods truck back together, cleaned Widewater and Mitsue halls up, Dealt with a fire after the fact because of miscommunication between alarm company, Meth lab training, Cleaned up lists, and anything outstanding, Awards for the Awards/Chirstmas party, got bottled water for the halls, got gear together for halls. Helped with Light up Slave Lake Parade float.
This was catchup week, after a very busy few days last weekend. The meth lab training was very successful with 22 attending from 6 different agencies. The session was classroom followed by a live exercise at Hall 1 in Slave Lake.
Any questions please feel free to contact me at the firehall, 780.849.4110.
Regional Fire Chief
Lesser Slave Regional Fire Service